The Project Manager position requires the demonstrated experience and progressive responsibility in an administrative position that requires the development, review and implementation of operational procedures and policies is responsible for the management and assisting in the direction of the study at the Liberian Institute for Biomedical Research (LIBR). The Project Manager will handle a number of functions involved in the continued operations of all aspects of the study. The Project Manager will perform tasks such as assisting in the creation of budgets, records keeping, reporting and data collection, technical oversight, resource coordination, scheduling, and ensuring compliance with government and safety regulations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: 100% of Time
- Management of all aspects of designated project activities and human resources.
- Coordination of local IRB reviews, participation in protocol training activities, and the development of project databases.
- Adaption of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Oversight in all laboratory work to ensure optimal level of functionality as necessary (project specific).
- oversight of onsite laboratory supervisor and teams who will ensure day to day compliance with the SOPs.
- Monitor and coordinate study implementation at all sites, including adherence to SOPs and supply inventory.
- Ensure quality assurance measures throughout the project by developing tools to monitor quality of work.
- Provide team with resources to carry out duties and conduct evaluation of team.
- Travel as necessary. Multiple travel may be necessary depending on the activity.
- Create an EQA Scheme to periodically measure performance in execution of protocols.
- Create a supply management system and procedure for each site.
• Attend high-level in-country meetings to provide observational debrief reports.
• Coordinate weekly project meetings.
• Execute and coordinate training and workshops
• Create work plan and provide direct oversight to ensure targets of project are met.
• Management of coordination and logistics support for any training activities.
• Utilize project management tools to monitor timeliness, budget and people.
• Create newsletter articles and website content on relevant topics as necessary.
• Ensure project files are organized and saved electronically to Africabio Enterprises, Inc.
medium for backing –up any data will be provided.
• Create and manage relationships for procurement of supplies and research appropriate vendors,
and procurement software.
• Finalize weekly and monthly reports
Financial Responsibilities (if applicable):
- Yes – Preferred candidate will have worked with USG funded entities
Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable):
- Experience in the management of a USG-funded project and the related rules and regulation preferred
- Knowledge of business and legal topics related to clinical research, regulatory guidelines and ethics preferred.
- Operational, budgeting, planning, analytical and interpersonal skill are a must
- Time management, supervisory, computer, leadership and records management skills required
- Requires effective writing and communication. Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Collaborator, team player, action oriented, innovator and problem solver.
- Project Management Skills
- Analytical skills to assess problems or unusual situation and develop solutions
- Can work independently
- Customer Service
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 5-10- pounds.
Essential Equipment: This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Ideal candidate will be computer literate, able to use Microsoft Office suite, Internet and Email.
Special Requirements (Please list such as overnight travel, training or certification that must be completed after employment begins, etc.):
- Regional and International travel required
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply:
Equal employment opportunity. Salary and benefit package commensurate to qualifications and experience. Clearly indicate the job title and reference number as subject line in your letter of application with your curriculum vitae, relevant credentials, expected salary and statement of interest attached. Send your application to email@example.com. Deadline for submission of applications is September 15, 2017.